MINUTES –LEAGUE MEETING FEBRUARY 28, 2022
ATTENDANCE: ALL TEAMS WERE REPRESENTED EXCEPT THE CLASSICS
TREASURER’S REPORT: Dave Greenberg
- Team leagues dues remain at $600.00 per team. All part-time players and/or substitute will be required to pay up to $10.00 toward team dues. Managers will determine the amount for those designated players.
- The General Liability and Release Form was explained. ALL PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND SIGN THE RELEASE FORM BEFORE THEY START PLAYING. Forms will sent to all managers in a future email. The signed forms must be submitted to John Esposito, Al Falco, or Gene Stracco by April 26, 2022.
- Keys for Lincoln Park will be distributed when they become available.
- Directions for the Sparta and Mt Olive fields will on the website.
GAME SCHEDULE: Tom Hafner
- The game schedule was distributed and discussed. The scheduling format was somewhat restricted because of various scheduling exigencies. The schedule includes “cross-over” games where a Slocum Division teams plays an Oliver Team. A special run allotment for the Slocum Team was approved for these games (SEE APPROVED REVISED RULES). In addition, the schedule reflects a competitive parity whereas the weaker teams play the weaker teams more times than they do the stronger teams in both Divisions. This was a League objective and it was achieved with about an 80% efficiency.
UNITED HEALTH/ELEMENT 3 REWARDS PROGRAM-Tom Hafner
- A complete explanation of this rewards program was presented with emphasis on player registration and the types of softball activities each player can use to receive credit. Various forms were distributed and explained that would enable all managers to record player activity Managers are requested to encourage all players to register utilizing the web-site address on the information page (all forms are being sent via e-mail to managers so they can be distributed to their players). The registration process takes less than a minute and that is the ONLY REQUIREMENT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYER. Executive Committee members including the Division Coordinators are requested to assist managers and players in implementing this worthwhile program.
ROSTERS: AL CHELI:
- All age eligible Oliver Division players who decided to play in the Slocum Division have been placed on appropriate teams. There are still some teams that need players and new players entering the League for the first time will placed on those teams according to need.
RULES AND BY-LAWS: Bill Perlman
- All changes in the Rules and By-laws were presented and explained. They include but not limited to: “The Green Rule”, Run Allotment for Slocum Division teams involved in “cross-over” games, Sliding, Division Coordinator position, and other minor changes. A motion was unanimously carried to adopt all changes. (A COMPLETE SET OF RULES AND BY-LAWS HAVE BEEN SENT VIA E-MAIL TO ALL MANAGERS).
2. formulating plans to start an 80’s Division in the future??
- Member of the 30th Anniversary Committee are: Frank Chiaverini (Chair.) Hank Wilson, David Greenberg, Al Cheli, Gene Stracco. Other players/managers are welcomed to join.